Monday, December 4, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 4: Connecticut & Delaware

On the fourth day of Christmas, my Google-fu found for me:

Connecticut:

"Christmas in Connecticut" by: Allison Demers




This song starts off with lovely piano and some nice bells and chimes.  Thankfully the bells and chimes are not too over the top like a lot of Christmas tunes. She sings about Baby Jesus right off the bat, (you know, because Christmas) but I don't quite get the connection she makes to Connecticut.  I'm certainly not a biblical scholar, but last I checked, Jesus was born in the Middle East, not the Northeast.
Seriously, I listened to this song 3 times and it just sounds like she shoehorned Jesus in there because reasons.  But it's a pretty enough song and pleasant to listen to.

2.5 out of 5 Metro North trains.



"Christmas in Connecticut" by: Ben Ancona Jr.




I swear I'm not trying to hate on these songs, but they are making it so easy!  I know so many music artists dream of writing the next classic Christmas song (because royalties, hello!) but-spoilers-this one isn't it.
Again, this one starts off really soothing with delightful piano, but then he starts singing.  There's this echo/reverb on his vocals which I think was super popular back in the 80s, but 'm pretty sure this song is newer than that. Plus it sounds like he sings through his nose and is pushing the notes too hard  and it doesn't sound like he's singing healthy.  That makes it impossible for me to listen to the words.  But oh the words!  "It's either Christmas in Connecticut / it's either there or all alone / you see, now Christmas in Connecticut / that's where I call home.
WHY?!  Why are you either having Christmas in CT or you're all alone?  Why if CT is home, why would you be anywhere else?! 
My brain hurts.

1 out of 5 Metro North trains




Delaware:

"His Favorite Christmas Story" by: Capital Lights




Ok, I was kind of board with this song from the beginning.  Sure it had that generic pop/punk/rock sound and nasal singing that every band in the early 2000s had, but it's catchy and toe-tapping kind of feel good song about a guy who danced with a girl on Christmas Eve in DE and never learned her name. But then -spoilers- he doesn't meet her again until he's an old man on his death bed!  THE HELL?!  Curse you, Capital Lights for making me feel feelings!!!

2.5 out of 5 Mr. Celerys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.