Tuesday, December 5, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 5: Florida & Georgia

On the 5th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu found for me:

Florida:

"Christmas in South Florida" by: Mike Mineo



I was worried that I'd have to break Rule #2 with this one, but according to the YouTube comments, this song can be heard on the radio in south Florida, so woot!
I found this song (and video) quite charming in a ridiculous way.  The tune is catchy, the lyrics are funny and borderline crass without coming across nasty or mean-spirited.  Even though I've not spent Christmas in Florida, this song made me chuckle.

4 out of 5 Sand Angels




"Florida Holidays" by: Sunny Jim



If that first Florida song was too crass for you, then this song is probably more your style.  I had to dig through the bowels of YouTube to find this video because there are apparently still some professional musicians out there that don't know social media is a thing.  But I digress.  This song is pleasing the listen to.  It's a little corny and sentimental, but as I've said before, Christmas songs are kind of supposed to be those things.
I didn't not like this song.  It's nice and I can see why many people (especially Floridians) would be very fond of this song, but it's just not my cup of tea.

3 out of 5 Flip Flops




Georgia:

"Georgia Christmas" by: Diane Durrett



And I thought I was going to get through this post without hating any songs.
I really like the smokey sound of Diane Durrett's voice, but when you open a song with "Daddy's sittin' in his chair eating pumpkin pie," you cannot expect me to take you seriously for nearly 4 minutes. No Christmas song needs to be 4 minutes long.  Especially not this one.
Sorry y'all, this one is a stinker.

2 out of 5 General Lees




"Christmas in Georgia" by: Marjorie Whitley

(I couldn't get this video to embed properly, so I had to just link to it if you want to listen.)
I legit wanted to hate this song.  First, it's too long (see above).  Second, it's even cheesier than the previous song.  Third, too much flute and random jingle bells.  But try as I might...I can't hate this song.  It's sweet and catchy and darn it, I kind of liked it.  Maybe my heart is growing 3 sizes in my old age, you guys.  I might need to get that checked.

3 out of 5 Peaches



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.