Wednesday, December 20, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 20: Rhode Island & South Carolina

On the 20th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu found for me:


Rhode Island:

"Christmas in Newport" by: Dick Lupino

This jazzy song is so cheesy I kept expecting it to suddenly turn into a parody of itself.  The melody is very nice, but the lyrics are cloying at best, and I don't enjoy the amount of vibrato he sings with-it's unnecessary.

2 out of 5 Drunken Clams (Sorry, RI, Family Guy has ruined you.)



South Carolina:

"Christmas in South Carolina" by Dr. BLT

Based on his name, I half expected a rap song.  After listening to this, I wish it were a rap song.  It's just simple guitar and too many jingle bells (you, know, because Christmas.)  It's a miserable love-sick song with sub-par vocals.  I am not a fan.

1 out of 5 Jingle Bells




"Christmas in Carolina" by: The Marshall Tucker Band

Once again, names can be deceiving. Based on the name, I expected bluegrass or straight up country; instead I got a big band, bluesy, R&B sound.  The lyrics are appropriate levels of Christmas cheesiness.  While this style of music isn't my favorite, I can certainly appreciate this song for it's good musical qualities.  It makes a nice addition to any Christmas party playlist.

3 out of 5 Plantations



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.