Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Do not feed the Trolls

I'm an emoting person. I think the word "emotional" gets thrown around too much to describe someone (mainly a female someone) who is upset or crying. We're people, we have emotions, we're emotional creatures. We feel things on a non-physical level. So when I say that I get emotional, I mean that I become so filled up with a feeling (any feeling) that it's like I will burst. I'm empathetic. I often say that I feel too much because of my intense empathy. If someone is joyful, I want to share in that joy and it affects me, usually in a positive way. Their joy reverberates off of me and fills me up to the brim.

I'm also the type of person who cries. A lot. Any emotion I feel that fills me up so full that I may burst, overflows from my body in the form of tears. So the joy that I can see in someone else makes tears spring from my eyes and spew down my face. Happy tears. Likewise, if anger or rage overcome me: angry tears. Maybe it's psychosimatic, but angry tears always feel hotter than other tears. Rage tears are violent and stingy and they get sprayed off my face when accompanied by screaming. Angry screaming.

When I say angry screaming, I don't mean frustrated/exasperated yelling at the TV because you can't beat your boss battle you've spent 2 days
grinding to get to; no, I mean rage. That boiling infuriated numbness that comes over you when some great injustice has been committed. I feel this more often than I would care to. Just as joy/happiness bubble up inside me, rage and sadness affect me much more quickly and for longer periods of time. So, if someone has a negative attitude, even small periods of time spent with this individual can turn me into a cranky bitch.

That all being said, I'm also sensitive to what other people say to/about me and the people/things I care about. I can get rather defensive about things. Blame it on childhood bullying/teasing or a rocky home situation (at times). Call it nature. Call it nurture. call it what you want, but don't be a dick about it. So if you say something rude or venture a non-constructive critical oppinion about something I care about, someone I love, or me, you're gonna get a rage-filled tongue-lashing.

I think the internet and our technology-saturated world have done
amazing things that seem straight out of science fiction, and made wondorous advancements in society and our well-being as a people. However, (yes, Imma bout to quote me some Spiderman) with great power comes great responsibility. The internet and the anonnymity it and new technology provide to us, have turned us into narcissitic douchebags.
So, let's not be trolls, kids, in real life or on the interwebs.
(Yes, this did stem from a specific incident, but I'll get into that at another time.)

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely narcissistic but I try not to be a douche copter. I am Sensitive to all things, I am a self admitted hypocrtite , too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow and for spreading the word! Narcissism=OK, thank you for your lack of douche-copter-ness.

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.