Saturday, December 2, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 2: Arizona & Arkansas

On the second day of Christmas, my Google-Fu found for me:

Arizona:

"Arizona Christmas" by: Dave Vitagliano & The Volunteers



This tune is rather pleasant yet the lyrics walk the thin line between nostalgic and silly.  He sings about chili pepper wreathes and the howl of the coyotes which is silly, but his vocals and the pleasing folksy sound are kind of nice and soothing.
So, overall, it's kind of dumb...but in a nice way.

3 out of 5 Chili Peppers




"Christmas in Arizona" by: Tom Tuerff


 And on the other end of the dumb Christmas song spectrum, we have this little...gem?  After listening to the first 30 seconds of this song I heard everything I needed to hear to tell you the gist of the song.  While the previous song poked gentle fun at Arizona at Christmastime, this one blatantly (and literally) says, "It sucks!"

I'm not a fan.

1 out of 5 Krampuses




Arkansas:

"Christmastime in Arkansas" by: Ned Perme & Terry Rose



Ugh. Gag me with a spoon.  10 seconds into this song and I wanted to barf.  It's beyond cloying.  The piano chords alone sound like every cheesy love song ever. He invokes "country cookin," the Ozarks, and "this old house."  He also rhymes "gather" with "together."  No. No. NO.
The best part about this song is that it's short...ish.
I listened to this song so you don't have to.

1 out of 5 Little Rocks




Get it? 

God, I'm hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.