Thursday, April 3, 2014

Con Envy

Does anyone else suffer from this?  Convention envy.  I haz it.  Spring through autumn seems to be convention season.  Last weekend was Emerald City ComiconMegaCon & Pax East are next weekend, and San Diego Comic Con (the big papa) is just around the corner. 
And I don't get to go!!! *Weeps furiously in the corner


I should have seen it as a bad omen when PAX East tix went on sale the day Boyfriend and I were driving through Utah, thus we had absolutely no way of knowing they went on sale, yet alone any way of purchasing them. So Saturday tix and 3-Day passes were gone before we even unpacked our car in California. BUt Boyfriend was determined to still make our annual pilgrimage to Boston with our friends.  He bought us what tickets he could still get and vowed we would go.

Unfortunately, things have not panned out here as we hoped, economically speaking which has not helped me climb out of my downward emotional spiral of suck (more on that tomorrow...aren't you excited?!) Boyfriend can't afford to fly us both to Boston for the weekend, and I can't afford to take any time off of what little work I can get, so...
me no go to PAX. 

Source

I feel like I'm losing my nerd cred. Stupid money and needing it to buy things like food and shelter.  But, I'm trying really hard to look on the bright side. Boyfriend is going to get to go to PAX East (he has never missed one) and see our friends. So I'm happy that he's happy.  He was able to sell my passes and make his money back. We won't have to worry about what to do with Leeloo over the weekend since I'll be home.  I'll get a quiet weekend to myself with my video games and my doggy.  I'll just have to avoid all things internet so that I don't fall into a weeping nerd depression every time there's a new tweet about all the cool stuff I'm missing.  Also, speaking of depression, since I won't be there, I won't have to deal with the Post PAX Blues.  Hooray?

Still...Con Envy. It's a thing.

3 comments:

  1. I can honestly say, no I don't have convention envy. Too bad that you can't go to this one, though. Unfortunately, as you already said sometimes life's priorities kinda stop us from enjoying our wish list of things to do or buy. Have a good weekend! Feel free to hop over to my place to read today's post, here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have Con Envy! I have never even been to a con before! It has been due to various reasons but mainly I tend to live abroad where they don't always have cons or when they do have them I can't go. But I will go one day. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No convention envy here, I hope you make it to all of them someday! #a2zchallenge stop http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.