Sunday, December 24, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 24: Washington & West Virginia

On the 24th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu sang to me:


Washington:

"Christmas in the Northwest" by: Brenda Kutz White

Oh boy, what an 80's-tacular-Christmas-Special song!  It's about 3 minutes too long and it falls into that category of songs that sounds like it belongs in a tourism video.

2 out of 5 Mt. Rainiers





"Christmas in Seattle (Is the Christmas for Me)" by: Jennifer Oliver

We live in a glorious age of technology where anyone can record anything.  Unfortunately, that means anyone can record anything.  Kudos to this lady for writing and recording this song, but I do not care for it.

1.5 out 5 Coffees



West Virginia:

"Christmastime in West Virginia" by: The Weber Brothers

Ok, seriously, what is it with all the songs today sounding like they are straight out of a tourism video?!  At least the melody is nice and relaxing, but this might be the first Christmas song I've heard where they use a mouth harp and it makes me laugh.  So, points for that, I guess.  But they lost me when the awful chorus of children sings at the end.

2 out of 5 Welcome signs  






"West Virginia Christmas" by: Theresa Winstead

I found it!  I found a song I enjoyed today!  Theresa has a modest but pretty voice and the simple sound of the ukulele is very pleasing.  This is a sweet song about being homesick for West Virginia at Christmastime.  I like it.  I've never been to WV, but I like this song.

4 out of 5 Sugar Maple trees



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.