Thursday, December 14, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 14: Nebraska & Nevada

On the 14th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu found for me:

Nebraska:

"Christmas in Nebraska" by: Mulberry Lane

You remember Mulberry Lane, don't you?  If this song sounds familiar, it's because I already reviewed it.  Except when I reviewed it the first time, it was about Iowa.  Mulberry Lane is from Omaha, NE and wrote this song in 2004.  2 years later I guess they decided they liked money and wrote TWO MORE VERSIONS about Iowa and Wisconsin.  Here's the kicker: the songs are all exactly the same except for the states' names and a couple of lyrics here and there.  You know, for that personal touch.  
But I stand by my original review.  Ironically, I find this one even more obnoxious than the Iowa version.

1 out of 5 Corn  (See, you're not the only ones who can be unoriginal, Mulberry Lane!)

Nevada:

"Christmas in Nevada" by: Willard Grant Conspiracy

Wikipedia describes this band as "alt-country" and upon listening to this song, I have to agree.  The music sounds not quite country, but not quite alternative rock, and with a lead singer who sings like Johnny Cash, I have to say I'm a fan.  If you've spent any time driving through Nevada (lord knows I have) then you can clearly see the picture that this song paints in your mind's eye.  It's not a super Christmas feeling you get from this song, but it has a nice sound and I think I like it because it's so different. 

4 out of 5 New Vegas Hookers





"Christmas in Las Vegas" by: Richard Cheese

If the previous song was a snapshot of the seedy, sad life of a drifter in Nevada, this song is a jolly skewering of Las Vegas.  I mean, how can you not love Richard Cheese?!  I had a good chuckle at this song.

5 out of 5 Poker Chips 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.