Wednesday, December 13, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 13: Missouri & Montana

On the 13th day of Jessmas, my Google-fu found for me:

Missouri:

"Missouri Christmas Card" by: Deirdre Jenkins

This song is kind of about Christmas, but it's more about friendship.  It's kind of about Missouri, but it's more about making home wherever you are.  It's short and pretty, but the story in the song almost feels unfinished.  And I have to laugh a little because the way the singer sings the word "Missouri" makes it sound like a "Misery Christmas Card."  But this song is sweet and not overly sappy.

3.5 out of 5 Gateway Arches



Honorable Mention:
"Christmas in Missouri" by: Howard Iceberg & the Titanics

I wanted so badly to include this song on this list if only because of the band's name.  I laughed for a solid minute at the name alone!  Alas, I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online to listen to this song!  I even entertained the idea of buying it on iTunes for $1 just so I could include it on my list (see how dedicated I am?)  
But, guess what?  It's not even available on iTunes.  I've read multiple articles online about this song, but I'm starting think it doesn't actually exist, I couldn't even find anyone who posted the lyrics to it. 


Montana:

"Montana Sleighride" by: Philip Aaberg

This song is lovely.  There are no lyrics, it is only piano, but it will make a lovely addition to any holiday music playlist.  Love it!

5 out of 5 Pianos



"One Montana" by: Tim Nordstrom

Huh, I wonder what is with Montana Christmas music only being instrumental?  Either way, I liked this one too.  I preferred the previous one since it was just piano and this one adds other strings, but they sounded "plunky" instead of "stringy" if that makes any sense...
Still, it's a very pretty song.

4 out of 5 Strings



Honorable Mention:
"Christmas For Cowboys" by: John Denver

This song could technically be about Colorado, Wyoming, or Montana, but since it was included on John Denver's 1991 TV special Montana Christmas Skies, I'm going to say it's about Montana.  If you like John Denver, you'll like this song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.