Sunday, December 17, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 17: North Carolina & North Dakota (UPDATED)

On the 17th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu sang to me:


North Carolina:

"My Christmas Caroline" by: Kellie Pickler

This is a melancholy country ballad.  Even though it mentions Tennessee, it is actually about North Carolina, or at least about missing the family that lives there.  It's a pleasant enough song, but it's not my favorite.

2 out of 5 Pine Trees





"Carolina Christmas" by: Squirrel Nut Zippers

This zippy little tune is jolly, fun, and feels like an old classic. 

4 out of 5 Squirrels






UPDATE:
I discovered this song in my research trying to find songs for South Carolina, and I went and listened to the whole damn thing, so I had to share it.

"A Carolina Christmas Carol" by: Charlie Daniels


Strap in, ya'll!  It's our old friend Charlie Daniels and his SIXTEEN MINUTE LONG SONG.  Ok, so this isn't so much of a song, but a spoken word story/poem with some bluegrass set underneath. It's a rambling story about why Charlie believes in Santa Claus, it's sweet but cutesy and pretty corny.  I imagine there is an audience for this.  I am not that audience.  But, I listened to the whole freaking thing...for science.  

2 out of 5 Sandy Clawses




North Dakota:


"North Dakota Christmas" by: Rosemary Gaudreau

This is a sentimental song written in remembrance of the Rosemary's grandfather.  I didn't really like it, but I'm not going to rag on it too harshly because it was written and performed by a child.  If she has this much talent at age seven(?) then she could go on to make plenty of good music in the years to come.

2 out of 5 Sun Dogs





"North Dakota Christmas" by: Les Petits Anges

North Dakota loves their child singers, eh?  Gag.  I did not like this song.  The song itself is pretty, but child choirs make the auditory part of my brain want to explode. 

2 out of 5  Oil Horses




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.