Friday, December 1, 2017

25 Days of Jess-mas Or The Great American Christmas Challenge

Last week, just like many Americans, Boyfriend and I were travelling for Thanksgiving.  We drove to and from central Colorado to visit my family because it was cheaper than flying.  On our 2-day drive home, we listened to my vast collection of Christmas songs (and it grows each year.)  Upon listening to "Indiana Christmas" by Straight No Chaser, I wondered out loud if there was at least one Christmas song about every state in America.  Boyfriend and I tried to make a game out of naming state-related Christmas songs.  We didn't get very far down the list.  We were only able to name about 3 or 4 off the top of our head, but the question kept nagging at me even after we got home and life started to get back to normal.

So, to answer my question, and to get me back into the swing of writing every day, I invented this writing exercise/project for myself.  I and calling it 25 Days of Jess-mas Or The Great American Christmas Challenge.
Every day for the 25 days of Christmas, I will highlight Christmas from 2 states in America in Alphabetical order (50 states, 25 days of Christmas.)

I've also set forth some rules for what qualifies a song for my list:

1) No song can be used for more than one state
2) The song should be about Christmas/winter and about the State (or city within the state) I've associated it with 
3) It should be a published/recorded song (such as on the radio/album)
4) Try not to use parodies 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.