Sunday, December 10, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 10: Maine & Maryland

On the 10th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu found for me:


Maine:

"The Maine Christmas Song" by: Malinda Liberty

This song reminds me of the sappy/cheesy music that plays underneath old tourism videos from the 80's.  I've never been to Maine, but I can completely picture snow-covered lanes, horse-drawn sleighs, lobster pots, mountains, and the craggy Atlantic beaches shown over the lyrics "That's the spirit of Maine at Christmastime / from her mountains to her great Atlantic shore."  Then a voice-over saying, "Come visit the spirit of Maine this holiday season."
I should have gone into advertising.

If you're from Maine, you probably really like this song, unfortunately, I just have to role my eyes at it.

2 out of 5 Lobstahs (I'm sorry...kind of)





Maryland:

"Crabs For Christmas" by: David DeBoy

Yes, this is a real song that actually gets radio play in Maryland during Christmas and is apparently a beloved Baltimore tradition at this time of year.  If you're from Baltimore or anywhere else in Maryland you probably look forward to this song every year.  I don't quite get all the jokes, but I could see why people might enjoy this song.  It's catchy, and I'm sure it hilarious if you're from the region. It's not a song I would want to hear more than once a year.

2 out of 5 Crabs (because what else would it be?)



"Christmas in Baltimore" by: Milkshake

And we have another song that sounds like it belongs in a tourism video, albeit a more modern one.  The song is a bit cheesy, but catchy and upbeat and positive, which is nice because Baltimore gets a lot of flak.  However, I didn't like this song.  It's boring and seems unoriginal.

2 out of 5 Tracey Turnblads

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.