Monday, December 18, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 18: Ohio & Oklahoma

On the 18th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu sang to me:


Ohio:

"Northcoast Christmas" by: The Modern Electric

I wasn't optimistic about this song, but I was pleasantly surprised. They combine piano, bells, and what sounds like xylophone or glockenspiel to make an enjoyable song.  It's mostly about Christmastime in northern Ohio with a handful of specific references, but it's generic enough that I think anyone would find it a unique addition to their Christmas playlist.

4.5 out of 5 Drew Careys






"Toledo, My Hometown" by: Sheri LaFontaine

Now we're bringing it downtown with some smooth jazz sounding tunes.  Her singing voice reminds me of young Celine Dion.  If you're from Toledo, this song might be your jam, but I didn't know a single local reference she makes about Toledo, so I have no connection to this song.

2 out of 5 Corporal Klingers




Oklahoma:


"Oklahoma Christmas" by: Blake Shelton & Reba McEntire

I don't much care for Blake Shelton, but I adore Reba.  I wouldn't add this song to my own Christmas playlist, but I'm not opposed to listening to it, were I to hear it again.  If you like country music, and/or Blake and Reba, you'll like this song.

3 out of 5 Surrey with the Fringe on Top




Honorable Mention: 

"BC Clark's Christmas Jingle"

I found an article about how Okies know it's Christmas when this jingle starts playing on TV.  Apparently the jingle has been a local staple for 50+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.