Monday, May 7, 2012

T is for Today

Getty
Today is a new day. It's not yesterday, it's not tomorrow.  It's now. Not last week.  Now.  I can be anything I want to be today.  Today-Me is stronger, wiser, better than Yesterday-Me.  Tomorrow-Me will think the same thing about Today-Me, but that's not important yet. My only concern today is today.  It's good to have a plan, but I need to remind Today-Me to stop regretting and worrying and beating herself up because of what Yesterday-Me did or didn't do and stop fretting about how Tomorrow-Me will handle tomorrow. Today is important.  Today is what matters most right now. 

Last week, Friday-Me heard some unsettling-yet-not-entirely-unexpected news about something I'm not supposed to know about.  It has made Today-Me look at the world a little differently.  It made Friday and Saturday-Me a little scared, a little desperate, a lot angry, a little sad.  But Today-Me is strong. Today-Me is confident...ish. Today-Me knows she has the will-power and the stubborness to not get pushed around.  Today-Me is going to kick ass today. And Tomorrow-Me plans on doing the same but Today-Me is not going to worry about Tomorrow-Me today, she can handle herself because she will be stronger, wiser, better than Today-Me.

So, tell Today-You that it's Kick Today's Ass Day, because Today-Us suck less than Yesterday-Us!

#HappyISuckLessThanYesterdayDay.


May 7ths that historically sucked less than May 6ths:
1429Joan of Arc ends the Siege of Orléans, pulling an arrow from her own shoulder and returning, wounded, to lead the final charge. The victory marks a turning point in the Hundred Years' War.


1824 – World premiere of Ludwig van Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in Vienna, Austria. The performance is conducted by Michael Umlauf under the composer's supervision.

1846 – The Cambridge Chronicle, America's oldest surviving weekly newspaper, is published for the first time in Cambridge, Massachusetts

1847 – The American Medical Association is founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

1992 – The Space Shuttle Endeavour is launched on its first mission (STS-49).

1994Edvard Munch's iconic painting The Scream is recovered undamaged after having been stolen from the National Gallery of Norway in February.

2012- Wikipedia writes most half of my blog post for me. Thanks Wiki!

7 comments:

  1. Today was quite good, as I managed to solve all the problems which I created for myself yesterday. Although yesterday was definitely worse than the day before, due to previously mentioned problems. Makes me think I can have a really good day by just purposefully having a bad day the day before. Ways to have a bad day:

    - Stand next to a puddle and taunt oncoming traffic
    - Steal eggs from an eagles nest and then stand there, taunting oncoming eagles
    - Taunt oncoming trains, and eat a gone off sandwich. No real need for the taunting on this one, but I'm on a taunting kick now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks for the tip, I'll let Tomorro-Me know to taunt things tomorrow so that Wednesday-Me can have an awesome day in comparison.

      Delete
  2. Oh I hope that you news wasn't completely awful... poor today you and yester you. I am glad you are being an ass kicking you! Hope tomorrow you is just as strong and kick ass! Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. How sweet are you?! It wasn't awful news, just unpleasent and potentially life rearranging. Not in a horrific way, just in an uncomfortable-because-now-I-have-to-grow-and-change-and-pull-myself-up-by-my-bootstraps sort of way. Change can be painful, but, we'll see. I'm determined to make everything be ok if the news does come to fruition.

      Delete
  3. Yesterday sucked. Today-Me is having a bout of bad social phobia because of the suckishness that happened yesterday which I had to deal with today. But Tomorrow-Me will get shit done and make tomorrow Kick That Day's Ass Day. I have decided that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. Social phobia is the worst! Today-me wishes Today-You a better day! Go kick some today ass!

      Delete
    2. For the record, my May 8 was an awesome day. I kicked so much ass aand even left my house and talked to strangers that I didn't really have to talk to.

      Delete

Trolls will be deleted.