Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Mom is The Riddler of Gift-Giving: A Semi-Easter Post

I want to preface this by saying I love my mom, she's pretty cool. We don't have a perfect relationship, but what family has that? My mom likes to send me gifts for various holidays (Valentines Day, Easter, Halloween, Flag Day, etc.) she's cool like that. While I love getting presents in the mail, my mom will often either tell me so much information about a present that I can pretty much figure out what I'm getting before I get it, or she will give me such a vague description about what she' sending me that I am completely baffled and occasionally slightly concerned. 
Especially, when we have phone conversations like this one: 


Mom: Oh, and I sent you an Easter package in the mail today. Now, I hope it gets to you soon because it's perishable.

Me: (Thinking, "awesome it's probably chocolate.") Aw, thanks mommy. I'll keep a look out for the mail man.

Mom: It's not chocolate. I didn't want to send you a bunch of candy because I just sent you some for  Valentine's Day.

Me: (Slightly disappointed that I would have to now go buy my own candy, and also starting to wonder what "perishable" means if it's not candy.)  Oh. That's ok, mom, you can always send us candy. We like candy!

Mom: Well, I don't want to just send you candy in case you're trying to lose weight. I don't want to encumber that.

Me: (Staring to wonder if I do need to lose weight.) Uh, that's ok, we don't eat a lot of candy, so it's ok for you to send us that on special occasions. 

Mom: I know, it's just hard, I try to find creative gifts to send you. So hopefully this will get to you soon and won't spoil. It won't be anything gross or smelly when it gets to you, but part of it might be a little mushy. But don't worry you can throw that part out if it does spoil when it gets to you. I just wanted to send you a complete gift.

Me: (Starting to really wonder.) Um...ok...thank you?

Knowyourmeme.com
 Seriously, I have no idea what to do with this information. 
Here's what I know:
-My mom has sent me a package with an Easter gift inside of it
-Part of it is perishable and may possibly be mushy when it arrives
-The gift would not be "complete" without said might-be-mushy-when-it-gets-here part

Whaaaa?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.