Monday, March 11, 2013

Memory Lane Monday: I Actually left the House Last Week (And Look What It Got Me) UPDATED

Last week I got to meet/see Jenny "The Bloggess" Lawson again. She's on tour promoting the paperback release of her book Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) and her second stop was NYC last Wednesday.

jenny lawson the bloggess book tour
 The best part of seeing Jenny again is she looked and seemed very healthy and less anxious plus she remembered me from last year! I told her that I had cried like a baby the first time I met her and had asked her to sign my giant anti-anxiety medication pill bottle on her book tour last year and she remembered me! Yay! I also was happy to tell her that I have a much smaller pill bottle now and rarely need the pills.  She helped me with that. Boyfriend came with me this time and he was bummed that he forgot his Geek-A-Week card for Jenny to sign. But amazingly after he told her, she pulled out a whole stack of them to sign and give out!!! Double win!


the bloggess jenny lawson geek-a-week

I got choked up telling Jenny how I cried last time, but I didn't sob like I did last year. I'm growing, you guys!!! So, leaving the house and buying a paperback copy of a book I already own and love (and read twice) in hardcover was totally worth it.



Jenny's totally worth it.

I left the house again last week! (That's twice for those of you keeping score.) Boyfriend's friend Blake, who is a musician had 2 extra tickets to see Bernhoft (don't worry I hadn't heard of him either) at Joe's Pub in Manhattan. My first instinct when asked "do you want to go to a concert?" was no. But, I'm trying to be more like Lucy on The Big Bang Theory who suffers from social anxiety and is trying to do things that scare her to help. So while my first instinct was to not go to this concert, Boyfriend showed me one of Bernhoft's videos:

 

And yes, he is this amazing live. So, leaving the house: worth it. 
I'm making a small collection of reminders of why it's ok and/or awesome to leave the house. Gotta gear up for Boston.


UPDATE:
So one reason it's crappy to leave the house: I have come down with what Boyfriend and I dub the "Jess Plague" it's some sort of virus that likes to attack my oral cavities making my throat/tonsils and lip swell up. Thankfully there are no canker sores on my gums this time so I can actually eat. But as long as I get this sickiness out of the way this week, it's all good. Because PAX East is next week!!!! Get ready for it.

2 comments:

  1. hey, love ur blog! not enough gamer girls out there, I like that you don't exclusively talk about games too, gives a little more variety. I'm following ur blog now, would appreciate if you'd stop by mine when u get the chance, and follow if u want! http://powertothegeeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.