Thursday, April 19, 2012

D is for Damn You Writer's Block: or Not Quite a Real Blog Post

Still riding my high from getting to meet The Bloggess the other day, I've now raised the mental bar for the level of quality I think all of my blogs should be from now on.  And now I'm stuck wracking my brain for something interesting to write about.  Poop.  Last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I thought to myself,
"What starts with D that I can write about tomorrow? Oh, D is for IDEA REDACTED. It will be the coolest blog ever!"  
Now I can't for the life of me remember what I thought was such a brilliant idea for a blog post late last night.  Curse you sleepy brain!!!  I've scoured the Internet for tips for overcoming writer's block, or searching for something that will jog my memory to no avail.
Source

I've tried Free Writing but any time I write my stream of consciousness, I read over it afterwards and realize that I need to immediately burn it.  Should someone read that shit, I would be taken in for a 72-hour psychiatric watch/evaluation.
OK, actually I just Googled "if people knew what you were thinking they'd put you in a mental hospital" just to see what would come up.  I'm scared now. There are some scary sad people out there. Traumatized.

Now that I think about it, this blog post has sort of turned into a stream-of-consciousness post hasn't it?  Hmm...gotta remember to turn on the ol' brain filter for the rest of the day. (I swear I'm not high today.  I took an anti-anxiety pill Tuesday because I was nervous about meeting Jenny, and then I fell asleep in the park and then snored myself awake just in time to get back to the office before anyone noticed my lunch break may or may not have been longer than 1 hour, so I'm cutting myself off for the week unless something really scary or terrible or traumatic happens.)

What was I even talking about?  Oh, writer's block, right. Does this count as a blog post?

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.