Tuesday, April 17, 2012

B is for Blog Posts,100 of Them


Achievement unlocked!
Source
It's my 100th blog post on Gurl on Girl-Gaming!!! I've been looking forward to and dreading this post all week. I'm excited that I've stuck with this blog this long and that my views and readers have grown; thank you all so much for reading and commenting. But, now since it's the 100th post, I've built it up in my mind that it needs to be the most amazing post ever. Well, after stressing and cringing and whining to myself all morning, I've accepted that this will probably not be the most amazing post ever. I wanted to do something fun like a prize giveaway, but seeing as how I just paid my taxes and my rent, I don't have any money to buy something cool for a giveaway, and I don't have sponsors to give me something cool to give away, so you're stuck with just reading my words.

Today is Tax Day, but it is also the day that Jenny Lawson's book Let's Pretend this Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) is released! I pre-ordered my copy early this year and got an autographed book plate for pre-ordering.  The book hasn't shipped yet (curse you B&N) but hopefully it will get to me before the end of the day, because Jenny will be kicking off her book tour here in NYC tonight, and I intend to stalk* her after work. She's a hero of mine and she really helped me come to terms with some of my inner demons plus she made me laugh through the hard times. If my book does not arrive today before it is time for me to go to the bookstore, I have a back-up plan: I want her to sign my anxiety medication bottle-it's something I think she would appreciate. But, really, I'm just excited to get to talk to her, even if it's just for a hot minute. Ok, starting to freak out a little...

This post may have been a little uneventful and anticlimactic for being the 100th post, and it wasn't really about video games, but it sounded better than listing 100 random things or doing something else with the number 100.  But it IS about me geeking out getting to see The Bloggess herself tonight in person! How appropriate that my 100th post should fall on the day I get to meet my blogging hero and start reading her book.
So excited!!!
Amazon


*I guess it's not really stalking if she and the bookstore have made it publicly known that she will be there.

1 comment:

Trolls will be deleted.