Thursday, April 5, 2012

Countdown to PAX East 2012 (Continued...again)

PAX East begins in less than 24 hours!!!
About 9 hours from now, I will be in Boston and my heart will be beating like jackrabbit on speed.  I am going to face my anxiety head-on and interview people/blog on camera from the Boston Convention Center. I'm excited and nervous. Excited for PAX East, and nervous that I've set the bar of expectations for myself too high and I won't look or feel confident on camera, thus crappy vlog.  Or that I will be so nervous to talk to someone that I will pee myself or need coaching from Boyfriend and then I won't look professional enough and no one will want to talk to me.  Then, I have to remind myself that I'm going to a con.  I'm going to be a minority there (you know, that whole having a vagina thing) and of course guys will probably want to talk to a cute girl with a microphone. Then I freak out again, because-oh shit-they want to talk to me, I better not fuck it up.  These are the things that keep me up at night.

All I know is after setting foot inside the BCC, action 1 of hour 1 of day 1 will be acquiring one of these:

These puppies sold out so fast last year, and I missed the boat. I am making it my mission to purchase one this year! So there, I can't freak out anymore because now I have a plan.
Step 1: Purchase scarf
Step 2: Put on scarf
Step 3: Cool stuff happens.
PAX East success.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be fine and you'll do great, I'm just a little jealous that I can't be there..never mind, I'll live through you :p lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pep talk! :D Yes live vicariously through me my minions! Bwahahahaha.

      Delete

Trolls will be deleted.