Friday, March 23, 2012

Nerdy Knitting

I like to knit. I taught myself with books and YouTube videos. I'm not amazing, by any stretch of the imagination, but through trial and error I've made some stuff.  My first project was knitting an orange scarf for Boyfriend. It took a year (or 3) but I did it. My next project was knitting a Sackboy. This one was pretty tricky even while following the (unofficial) pattern because the man who made the pattern is an expert, but he's also British, and over there, they usually do Continental knitting, vs American knitting, so figuring out the slightly different terminology took some research.  Short-story-long, I finished knitting the sackboy for Boyfriend, complete with matching orange scarf.  I just need to add the details (eyes, mouth, etc). But yay!

Sackboy

 
Ok, I feel less impressed with myself after seeing this. Holy balls, that's awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I wish I could make things or do stuff or have talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw thanks! I bet you have a talent, you just haven't found it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I taught myself how to crochet a couple of months ago and, surprise, I've created exactly zero things.

    I admire your resolve, this kinda stuff takes a lot of time (Read: Patience). xD

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.