Sunday, April 6, 2014

Effable

Effable is the ability to describe something with words. So let me describe to you why I fell off the A-Z wagon so soon.  I explained that the D post was delayed simply because I needed some mulling-over time before I published that one. But, I habe no excuse for E, and F other than I got busy. That pesky life, it does get in the way, doesn't it?
Friday after a really busy day at work, I had just enough time to come home and shower before going out to a friend's birthday party. We went to this pretty cool bar in Korea Town called Lock & Key. I'd nevber been to K-town and nor do I plan to go back at night by myself since it's kinda sketchy, but the bar was pretty cool. After the bouncer checks your ID, he lets you into a dark room with hundreds of door knobs covering the walls wishes you luck. That's right, you have to find whihc door knob leads to an actual door that goes into the bar.  It's pretty cool.  So needles to say, coming home buzzed and exhausted was no time to write a blog.

Saturday was International TableTop Day!!! So Boyfriend and I made the trek into Hollywood to go to Meltdown Comics for their tabe top event. But it was cancelled. Because. So I bought the greatest T-Shirt ever, and then we ran a bunch of very-necessary-but-we'd-been-puting-them-off-forever-so-we-really-should-do-them-now-since-we're-already-out-and-about errands.

BEST. T-SHIRT. EVER.

Then we decided to have our own TableTop Day event with our friends and we played Clue: The Great Museum Caper, a game I hadn't played in about 15 years. It was just as fun as I remembered it! Then we went home and went to bed.

Sunday we took Leeloo to the park because she loves the park. We packed a small picnic and listened to our baby whimper and wine with excitement all the way up the winding hills to Lake Hollywood Park. Leeloo really likes being around other dogs and will run and play for a while, but she mostly just likes to sit on the picnic blanket and just wtach everything that goes on. She's kind of like me in that respect.  I like to feel included or asked to join the party, but I always feel more comfortable just observing everything. I guess people really are like their pets...

Look at that happy dog!


After we got home I made it my mission to do all of Leeloo's laundry (she has a lot, actually) because apparently it's flea season and supposedly our neighbor (who happens to be a dog groomer) said Leeloo might have a flea or two. In between tips down to the laundry room, Boyfriend and I caught up with another NY transplant friend of ours who we hadn't seen in forever. Then, after everything, it was time for dinner and catching up on @Midnight and then I had to go to bed.

Whew. No wonder I felt like I barely had a weekend!

So there: Effable. I explained things. With words.

3 comments:

  1. Your t-shirt is adorable! Don't worry about falling behind with the challenge. If you're still up for it just update with the letter of the current day, even if you had to skip a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say exactly the same thing. Skip to the next letter due - and don't forget you can schedule posts in advance when you're on a roll (and they don't have to be long).
    Hoping you'll be back!
    Jemima
    #Team Damyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly sound like you're having fun!

    My blog is at GenWestUK

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.