Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Talkin' Toons

This post can also be titled "Stupid tired." Boyfriend took me to see Talkin' Toons Live last night and it was a blast. We got there super early and were going to meet up with an old NY friend of ours who was in town.  While we were waiting out front for our friend, Rob Paulsen just sauntered on by us. We said hi and shook his hand and he gave me a wink and went to go have a pre-show snack. That man knows how to work a room, lemme tell ya.


Rob's guests last night were April Winchell and Pam Adlon. And he wasn't kidding when he said that those two make the parental advisory flags fly. I won't spoil anything for anyone who wants to listen to the podcast (I think it drops on iTunes on Friday) but it was hella funny. April talked about the beloved Regretsy (R.I.P) and they all told some hilarious stories about working on Disney shows.

I plan on listening to the podcast not only to relive the fun, but also to see if my obnoxious semi-boozed up laugh (that's a 2-drink-minimum for you) can be heard on the recording.  Not only was the show fun, funny, and inspiring (to an aspiring VO actor such as myself) I also got to be in the same room as some voice over royalty last night! Billy West, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Fred Tatasciore were all sitting in the audience among others.

After the show, Boyfriend and I both got a big hug from Rob and then he schmoozed with the rest of his adoring public and we went home. Nothing can live up to the first time I met Rob, but Talkin' Toons Live was great fun. If I were made of money, I'd go every week. Sadly, I am not.

On my actual birthday, Boyfriend and I are going to conclude the week of birthday awesome by going to Disneyland. Because we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.