Monday, April 21, 2014

Remembering

It's Monday and the letter of the day is R, so I'm going to do a two-fer: A-Z Challenge meets Memory Lane Monday. That's called multi-tasking. You're welcome.

Thirty years ago, Romancing the Stone was in theaters, Footloose dethroned Thriller from its 37-week reign as the #1 album, Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) by Phil Collins was the #1 single, Atari announced the Atari 7800, and my very pregnant mommy awaited the birth of her first child. (Hint:  It was me.)

Ha ha look at the raisin...oh wait, it's me

I wanted to write something really profound about turning 30, but I've been staring at my screen for an hour and profundity just ain't happening tonight folks. Instead, I leave you with this:

 

2 comments:

  1. Great quote. Sometimes I think it's weird that I'm an adult. Especially since I look younger and people think I'm actually a teenager. I'll probably be grateful for that in a few more years...

    And of course, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I think the Doctor Who quote is a great one.
    I love Romancing the Stone :-)

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.