Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My First Time Rage Quitting

The Frag Dolls are having a contest called "My First Time" so I want to thank them for the inspiration for several blog topics.

I don't rage quit too often. I do rage scream/rant at the game or characters in the game a lot to the point where my boyfriend thinks I should turn off the game (ask him, he'll tell you all about it). My latest rage quitting was with Fallout: New Vegas. I pre-ordered the special edition last year and it was glorious. I loved the poker chips, the platinum chip, the card deck, and the graphic novel that came all with it. As many enthusiastic gamer soon found out, the game was full of some glitcheroos and was really dodgy to play. Now I know there are so many elements that have to come together to make a video game, yet alone an amazing one, but come on! It was very frustrating. Luckily Bethesda listened to us and came out with a patch (or 3). Eventually I beat the game and all was well. Then came the DLC. A friend of mine bought the first 2 DLC stories, Dead Money and Honest Hearts and told me not to play Dead Money, it was awful and frustrating. So, I played Honest Hearts and loved it. But, me being the completionist that I am couldn't resist and bought Dead Money also. I rage quit that bitch so many times. That was one of the most frustrating and annoying DLCs I have ever played!

Pros:
-Increased the level cap by 5

-A creative/spooky location and backstory

-Provided some closure to Veronica's story

Cons:
-Everything
Getty

But I digress, this was supposed to be about my first time rage quitting, not my most recent (and probably not my last).

The first time I did rage quit was on my Sega Genesis playing ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron. I love TJ & Earl, but those damn tourists taking pictures were so annoying and their chittering little kids too!!! I screamed at them and mashed the power button in such a way that my finger got pinched, which just pissed me off more. I still have that game and every time I get nostalgic and start playing again, I remember why I quit in the first place.

Stupid cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.