Thursday, April 25, 2013

Best. Birthday. Ever?

Pssst.  
pinky pie party
Artist

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I've talked about my birthday before a bit. Ok, I've talked about it a lot.  Ok, a lot, a lot. But today, I'm not going to make it all about me, just a little. I've honestly had a few not-as-awesome-as-I-wanted birthdays in the past few years. I had to go to work at the job in the 7th circle of hell last year, the year before that, Boyfriend and I had just moved to our current shit hole apartment and were completely broke. The year before that, my ferret Dusty died ON my fucking birthday. Seriously, worst birthday ever. And the year before that I wanted to go to my favorite New Orleans-style restaurant for a kick-ass Po Boy, but we showed up to discover that they didn't survive the recession. *le sigh*  So, I haven't had great run of birthday luck as an adult. So, I decided to change it this year. 

Currently, I'm as broke as I've been in years, and the money/jobs are trickling in slower than I'd like. But, I still have a roof over my head and food to eat (even if sometimes it's just peanut butter or hot dogs and beans.) And I still have clean water to drink, which cannot be said for many many people in the world today.

Instead of making my birthday all about me, I started a birthday fundraiser through Charity: Water to help raise money to provide clean water for people in developing nations. I'm asking my friends and family to instead of getting me a card or a present or buying me a beer, to donate the money they would spend on me to my fundraiser. My fundraiser goal is $1000, which I know will be difficult to obtain, but I have faith in my peoples. It's been slow-going because of the tragic events in Boston, everyone is donating to the Red Cross, which is wonderful (Boyfriend will be donating blood next week.) But, dear readers, if you have even $1 to spare, I would love it if you would go on over to my charity page and donate, or at the very least, read and share with someone you know. That would make this the best birthday ever.Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.