Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dealing With Trolls

I've had a rough couple of days lately. I mostly blame The Hunger Games trilogy. I just finished Mockingjay last night. That book seriously screwed up my sleep patterns last week. I would stay awake reading it and then when I could finally settle down at night enough to sleep I would have Hunger Games nightmares. When my sleep patterns get thrown off, I get cranky and my depression threatens to take over in my brain. I feel so much better now that I finished the series, though. Whew. I got a great night's sleep last night, and now I feel like I can think clearly about real life now that I'm not obsessing and stressing over what's going to happen in the books. And yes, I realize I am late to that party, we have Barnes and Noble to thank for not having the box set delivered eons ago when I ordered it.

I think this all goes back to the wiring in my brain that makes me become stuck on an idea or a thought or a word or a song until I get some sort of closure or cleansing of it. So the lack of sleep, my obsession with The Hunger Games, and my depression that seemed as though it were bubbling just under the surface all have made me feel extra sensitive, especially when I received my first troll comment on a YouTube video I posted. However, last night after finishing the book and watching a VidCon video of Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton talking about trolls, I was able to just let it go. I feel even better today after I got a good night's sleep. It feels so free to just let it go! Breathe in the good air and let out the bad. I know that letting go of stuff can be so difficult sometimes, but I feel much better today now that I have.




Thanks Wil and Felicia. This is why I love you!

1 comment:

  1. The Hunger Games messed up my sleeping pattern too. I was staying awake to read it and then not being able to get to sleep because I was so excited from reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.