Monday, July 16, 2012

Writer's Block and the State of Gaming

I'm doing some writing today for my Frag Dolls casting call application and have become stuck.  This led to me just staring at Blogger trying to think of anything remotely nerdy/awesome to write about. I was unable to make it to SDCC this year, so I'm doing some pity-partying over that too.  Then, of course, to torture myself some more, I've been reading articles and blogs about the state of gaming and all the unfortunate harassment and backlash that seems ever present online especially among my female comrades.

Aren't we gamers/nerds/geeks/dweebs supposed to stick up for one another and not tear each other down? *sigh* I don't want to get all downtrodden about this, but I'm tired of ignoring it hoping it will get better. I constantly ride the fence between getting so furious that I go on a rambling tirade that will only make the situation worse, and just wanting to curl up into the fetal position and feel overwhelming hopelessness. It's time to find that rational middle ground and take baby steps for betterment.
So, let's at least try to make it better instead of turning into this:


Source

I guess I'm feeling some self-loathing today because I got my first troll comment on one of my YouTube interviews. So, yaaay??? I'm a real YouTuber now I guess. Instead of getting all purple Hulk on it, it just sort of made me blue. I realize that having an online presence means opening the door to trolls and assholes, and then it just started me thinking...What would Felicia Day do? And thus, a new mantra has been born.
Instead of getting tons of actual work done today, I've been trying to keep my spirits up by entertaining myself like so...



Thanks internet.

P.S If you missed the video I posted yesterday, go check it out. Also, there's an awesome interview I got to do with Susan Arendt of The Escapist coming up on Wednesday! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.