Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blogger 411: A Little Bit About Me

Tonight I will upload another PAX East video, (my favorite one) an interview with Susan Arendt of The Escapist. Until then, enjoy some random facts about me!



1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I've always been a journal-keeper, even before I could even write really well. My first journal/diary was one of those old diaries for little girls with the gold lock on it. It was salmon/pink and had a picture of a kitty on a window sill on the cover. I always lost the keys to that damn thing. Most of my entries consisted of single sentences scrawled illegibly diagonally across the pages. They usually said things like, "Andrew is my frend i lik him," and "i want a doggy samday," etc.

I first started blogging in college on my MySpace page. Mostly it was just a journal I kept that a few of my friends read and laughed at when I didn't have it set to private.  Mostly it was just a way to organize my thoughts and get them out. I started blogging here on Blogger in 2009 under Keep the Starving Out of Starving Artist and later under Gurl on Girl-Gaming.

My blogging in college was very superficial, mostly just me bitching about life and stuff. Now I write to attempt to entertain and inform and uplift. I still do it for me, but I try to produce content that I think other people will enjoy as well.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I studied Theatre Arts at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley. I graduated with my B.A. in 2006

3. Where have you traveled?
I've been very fortunate to travel. I've met people here in NYC who have never even set foot outside of the five boroughs, yet alone travelled to other countries. Those people make me sad. As a kid I loved to fly. As an adult, I really dislike flying, but my affinity for new places and experiences outweighs my anxiety of the act of travel. I've been to Mexico, Canada, England, France, and 26 of the 50 U.S States.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Probably a nice bottle of champagne to celebrate.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Rudeness, injustice, poor spelling/grammar

6. What is your favorite movie?
There are so many movies that I love that it's hard to choose only one, but if I had to choose, I would say The Princess Bride.
Source
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I prefer a good wheat beer, or water/coffee/tea.

8. What is something you enjoy doing when you have me time?
Sleeping, reading, playing video games, writing fiction

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
The World of Disney (not entirely practical, but I love Disney!)


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I have lots of embarrassing stories, but my favorite one deserves an entire blog post, because it's that epic.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
Any day at Disney World


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Either Ellen Page or Emma Stone
Source

People.com


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at a golf club, Dairy Queen, and Pizza Hut during high school and College

Sexy DQ uniform
14. Show us a picture from high school/college.
Every high school senior picture ever.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I would love to visit New Zealand or Australia

16. Show us the most current picture of you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.


Me & my siblings (littlest sis not pictured)
 17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I hope Boyfriend and I will be living in California and making our livings in the film/TV industry.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this idea, I might do it myself! I attended CSU-Pueblo, visited Greeley once when I was looking at CSU-Ft Collins for grad school. Pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying something nice about Greeley without including the fact that almost every other day the entire city smells like the inside of a cow's ass. Bless you.

      Delete

Trolls will be deleted.