Thursday, June 6, 2013

And This is How I Know I Am Slowly Becoming Unhinged

Boyfriend and I made burritos/tacos for dinner a couple of nights ago, and they were delicious. This conversation was a result of Boyfriend's purchasing choices made on "taco night."

Me: Did you know you got two different kinds of refried beans the other night?

Boyfriend: Yes.

Me: Oh. Ok... So you bought two kinds of beans on purpose?

Boyfriend: Yup.

Me: Oh. Ok...Did we have this conversation already?

Boyfriend: Nope.

Me: Ok.  Are you sure?!

Boyfriend: Yup.

Me: Huh. I must have dreamed it then.

Boyfriend: ok..?

Me: Well, you bought two kinds of beans and I didn't know that so when I opened the second can today, they were all red and chunkier and I thought something was wrong with them especially after I tasted them and they made my tongue all tingly. But then I looked at the can and it said "spicy" on it but it didn't taste at all like the beans the other night. Then I got paranoid that something was wrong with the beans and I thought I was going mad, so I dug through the recycling bin to check the other can and it was the green pepper kind, so that's when I understood that the beans were fine, and you just bought two types. But then I got concerned because what if you didn't know you bought two different types of beans and now we couldn't take this one back because I had opened it and eaten it already. 
I thought we had this conversation already.  I swear we had this conversation...

Boyfriend: Nope.

Me: Huh, I must have dreamed it then. Weird.

Boyfriend: You were clearly very concerned about the beans.

Me: Welcome to the hell that is the insides of my brain.

Boyfriend: I'm sorry you live in a world of chaos where I buy two different types of beans.

Me: Me too. This is so stupid I have to blog it.

Boyfriend: Yup.

Why Boyfriend hasn't left me for a more stable human being, I may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.