Friday, December 21, 2012

Reasons

Nobody likes losing their job even if it's one they hated. So I've decided to take a positive look at losing my job. It's ok because so far I've come up with these reasons:
Source
I now have more time to play video games.
Yippee!!!

I now have more time to pursue professional acting work.
Nothing beats waking up before 5am to schlep multiple changes of clothes to the set only to have the wardrobe department sneer at your clothes and sigh, "That'll have to do." Then you get to sit around for hours and hours until you are needed on set at which point you get to stand around on set for what feels like an eternity until they call "action" and you get to act like you're doing whatever it is they told you to do for about a minute until they cut. Then you get to stand around again while everything is reset and you get to do it all over again. All day. After your 10+ hour day is over, you get a lovely check of $75 in 2-3 weeks. I'm livin the dream, baby!


I now have more time to work higher-paying and/or freelance gigs.
I worked a Nintendo Wii U launch event (blog coming soon on that) and I work semi-regularly passing out flyers in Time Square. This is especially awesome on days like Santa Con. Nothing is more fun than standing in the cold dressed like an idiot and getting accosted by hundreds of drunk Santas. Still livin the dream.

I now have more time for laundry and other household chores.
I was able to attend to a project that was (literally) years in the making. I paired and folded every clean sock in my possession. Pairing and folding socks is like the world's worst game of Memory.

Every. Sock.
Including all of the black socks I've acquired over the years of working in restaurants and offices:
I hate black socks.
Sadly, there were some socks that could not be paired, for their brethren were MIA.

Not the Christmas cows! Noooooo!

I now have more time to write my blog.
If you guys liked my sock adventures, you are going to love my stories about cleaning the kitchen.
You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain girl! I was out of work for 6 months before getting my job in August!!

    Video games are an awesome distraction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy by pointing out the slight Sarcastic Sandra tone throughout this post, buuuuuuuut I feel ya', for sure. I wish you the best of luck with sorting your current situation.

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.