Monday, December 24, 2012

Memory Lane Monday: Yule Edition

Source
Happy Christmas Eve to all. If you don't celebrate Christmas, then Happy Monday to you. I'm with my family in Colorado this week. It's the first Christmas I've been home for in about 5 years, so it's kind of a big thing. This is also the first Christmas Boyfriend will be spending with my family, so he's in for a lot of new stuff. My parents are divorced and have been for most of my life, so I'm used to "sharing" Christmas between two places, but Boyfriend was very confused about the schedule at first. It's weird to him, but it's normal for me. We spent all morning watching a bunch of old family VHS tapes of Christmases past when my parents were together. I knew I was watching myself and my sister and my parents. I knew it was us, but it didn't quite register as a thing I experienced.  It also got me thinking about some of my favorite Christmas presents from the past. The all-time #1 best present was my dollhouse, and a close second was my Sega Genesis. I've also been thinking about some of my favorite Christmas traditions and how I'm at a point in my life where I'm having to develop new traditions or add new people and/or elements to the old ones. In other words, things are a changin. And change is scary for me.  But, tomorrow morning, I plan to wake up and spend Christmas morning with my mom, my Grandma, my sister, and Boyfriend (and step-dad if he is over his almost-pneumonia, blech) and then spend Christmas afternoon with my dad and half-brother and half-sister, just like so many Colorado Christmases before now. So today is a short and sweet wish for all to have a lovely and safe holiday in whichever way you celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.