Monday, November 26, 2012

Memory Lane Monday: Turkey Day Edition

Hi.
I'm back. Did you miss me? Sorry for the week-long hiatus, it was unexpected but necessary. Boyfriend and I went down south to visit his family for Turkey Day. It was an adventure. There were parades, families, friends, strangers, and a really big pony. Oh and giraffes. Seriously. The day after Thanksgiving, I turned into a 3 year old and totally got to feed a giraffe.

Giraffes are fracking HUGE, you guys.

And I saw a really really big pony.

It's really hard to see scale in this picture, but this horse was enormous!
And then I went on a wagon ride and I got horked on by a bison.

THIS bison. This bison hit me in the face with some sort of bovine bodily fluid from his nose/mouth region.
And then I was reminded by some signage that we were indeed still in The South:

Only in The South need we be reminded that alcohol and animals do not mix when entering a petting zoo ranch.
Some people go to "door buster" sales on Black Friday and spend all day fighting crowds and spending hard-earned money on shit they probably don't need. I spent Black Friday with my loved ones and a strange Mexican family on a rickety horse-drawn wagon while riding around a big-ass ranch and feeding semi-wild exotic animals pellets out of buckets and then Boyfriend and I both got doused with plenty of animal fluids. 

Those shopping people are crazy and totally missing out.

1 comment:

  1. My brother fed the giraffe at the zoo in columbia sc. They would eat lettuce straight out of your hand.

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.