Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blogger TAG!

The lovely Ryan Adair from the blog, This Must Be the Place, tagged me in a blogger share activity, and it was perfect timing because my creative juices seem to be all back-logged and junk. I am grateful to her, not only because she reads my blog and likes it, but for tagging me in this fun writing exercise/share-a-thon. Hopefully, I don't overshare. Sorry people who know me IRL!


So, here's the deal: I have to tell  you, the internets 11 facts about me that you may not know, then answer 11 questions asked by my tagger, Ryan, and then tag some other bloggers I like and ask them to share 11 unknowns, and then answer my 11 questions. Whew!  Did everyone get that? Good.
Here we go:

11 Unknown/Little-known Facts About Me

1) When I was 12, I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and had to wear a back brace for 2 years. A couple of months before my 15th birthday I underwent spinal surgery to correct the severe curve in my spine. I spent a week in the hospital and spent six weeks at home recovering before I was able to go back to school part-time.

2) I'm slightly dyslexic with numbers. 

3) When I was 3, I got my head stuck in between the stair banister railings. My dad had to saw one of the railings off to get me out.

4) My favorite Disney characters are Chip and Dale.

5) I drink a ridiculous amount of water every day. If I don't have a bottle of water with me at all times, I start to feel anxious and cranky.

6) I still sleep with a menagerie of plushies and stuffed-animals on my side of the bed. Boyfriend has accepted this about me and thinks it's endearing loves me anyway.

7) As a kid I made up my own rules to the game Risk using my toys, figurines, and action figures. It was an epic bloodbath. My official rules are written down probably still inside our old-ass edition of Risk at my mom's house. While I love playing Risk as an adult, I still maintain that my rules make a better game.

8) When I was between the ages of 2 and 6, I had an imaginary friend named "Gubby" who "lived next to the Dairy Queen" (his only discerning feature.) When I was 7, I had an imaginary talking dog named "Barnaby."

9) My hair refuses to hold curl. I got a perm in middle school  and it fell out 3 weeks later. The salon re-did the perm and it fell out again in 3 weeks. My hair had a frizzy look to it for a while. (A nerdy awkward girl with a bad perm, a back brace, and braces. I was way popular in middle school.)

10) My prized childhood posession was my dollhouse. It was my Christmas present from Santa when I was about 7 years old. Even now, as an adult, I still occasionally fantasize about playing with my dollhouse.

11) I hate jelly beans. Hate. I refuse to eat them.

My 11 Questions From Ryan

1. What has been your biggest struggle in life? 
My biggest and longest struggle has definitely been dealing with chronic anxiety and depression. The earliest memory I have of feeling depressed was when I was 3. It's something I've had my entire life as I know it, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was almost an adult. I am getting better, but every day is a fight to stay "better."
2. How do you see your future self? (Do you have kids? A career you enjoy? In rehab?)
My career dream for my future self is to be able to make my living by writing and acting with lots of video games in between, and no crappy 9-5 job getting in the way. Boyfriend and I will get married when we feel like it and have a kid when we're ready. We'll have at least one dog and a nice cozy house with a yard. Maybe we can even have a pet piggie and a pet skunk too.
3. Who are you closer to, your mother or father? Why?
This one is tough. As a kid, I was a lot closer to my dad than my mom until they divorced and my dad left the country for a couple of years for work. During my Scoliosis treatment, my mom and I became closer since we spent so much time together (she was the one taking me to the doctor and taking care of me after surgery.) Now, it's hard to say who I'm closer to. I think it depends on what's going on in my life at the time.
4. If you had 24 hours to live, and you weren't wasting your time by freaking out about dying-- what would you do and WHO would you spend your time with, and you have to spend it someone other than your significant other!
I would want to spend as much of the day as possible with my family just sitting around and talking. I would also want to write each of my loved ones a letter for them to read after I'm gone telling them my favorite memory of them.
5. Is there anyone you want to make amends with and haven't
When I was in middle school, there was a girl who didn't really fit in (even less so than me) but she was super sweet to me. We were friends for a while but something happened to me. I gave in to my insecurities and peer pressure, and I turned into a huge asshole and started ignoring her and not sticking up for her when the other kids picked on her. I never picked on her directly, but I let her take the heat so that I wouldn't have to. She eventually ran away from home. I don't know what ever happened to her, and I still feel awful about it to this day.  Sometimes it even keeps me up at night. I'm sorry M.  Wherever you are, I hope you are well. There is no excuse for how I treated you, you did not deserve that.
6. What is your favorite dessert?
I love brownie sundaes.
7. What is your favorite ethnic cuisine? (Mine is Thai!)
I do like Thai food, but I am almost always in the mood for Italian.
8. What is the moment you are MOST proud of in your life?
I'm proud of myself for being able to get past my insecurities and anxieties and move 1800 miles away from home even though it hasn't been the easiest road I've chosen to take. I am proud of myself for having the chutzpah and the drive to actually do it.
9. What is your greatest contribution to friendships/relationships?
I have a ridiculous sense of humor and no matter what is going on, I feel a compulsion to make someone smile or laugh. I want to bring joy and comfort to the people in my life.
10. Do you avoid controversy or stand up and call it out?
It depends on the situation and the controversy. If it's just politics or an argument I know that no one will win (like a FB or forum debate online,) I will stay out of it. I have better things to spend my energy on.  But, if I see a true injustice or major bullshit going on, I will step up and do something to try to fix it.
11. What are you looking forward to the most in the next year?
Hopefully moving to California, expanding my acting/writing career, and getting a doggie.

Well, there you go.  Are you sick of hearing about me yet? I'm tagging these bloggers whom I enjoy reading:


TAG!

My 11 questions to you:
1) What was your most prized possession as a child?
2) What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?
3) Not counting a significant other, who is your favorite person to spend time with?
4) Did you have any imaginary friends as a kid?
5) If you could be any fictional character (from books, movies, TV, games, comics, etc.) who would you choose to be? Why?
6) What was your favorite game as a child? What is your favorite game as an adult?
7) What is your nastiest habit?
8) What is the most reckless thing you have ever done?
9) Do you have a nickname? What is it? Have you ever had an embarrassing nickname?
10) If you had to be stuck in a video game universe which one would you choose? Why?
11) If you could write your past self a note to tell yourself one thing, what would you say?

Happy blogging! I look forward to getting to know you all better.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I wish I knew how can one start this tagging stuff... :) Nice reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag, I just answered the questions on my blog. I'm glad you commented, I'm really enjoying reading yours!

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.