Thursday, December 22, 2011

Epic Boyfriend

It's official: I have the greatest boyfriend ever!

Boyfriend and I are going down to No
rth Carolina with his family for Christmas-at-the-beach. To avoid carrying too much stuff down with us, we exchanged Christmas presents a couple of days early. I got him a nice leather-bound collector's edition of 2 Neil Gaiman books, a new laptop lap-desk, and some other fun odd n' ends. (My presents are a little lame in retrospect.)

Usually Boyfriend gives me jewelry for Christmas which is nice, it makes me feel pretty (and what girl doesn't enjoy feeling pretty?) So, when I saw just a small-ish rectangular box under the tree, I was intrigued. He talked abou
t how cool it was and hinted that it was really nice and that I was going to be surprised; I took that as a challenge to guess what it was. Try as I might, I hadn't a clue what was inside. The box was far too big and heavy to be jewelry, unless he had stolen me the crown jewels, but when would he have had the time to fly across the pond? The tag on the box read, "To my beautiful girl gamer" and it was too big and not the correct shape to be just a PS3 or XBOX game. What was in the box?!

A new XBOX controller for my tiny hands, perhaps? Or a new video game with a rock inside just to throw me off? Or SEVERAL new video games with a rock inside just to throw me off? The possibilities were endless...


The Anniversary Edition Zelda 3DS!!!!

I was completely blown away! I was in a state of shock when I opened the wrapping paper and saw the box. For a moment my brain could not seem to compute what it was. I was that surprised. I believe the exchange between me and my beloved went a little like this:

Me: Is it a 3DS?
Boyfriend: Yeah.
Me: REALLY?!
Boyfriend: Yep.
Me: YOU GOT ME A 3DS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! (at this point I was squealing at a frequency only dogs could hear)
Boyfriend: Uh-huh.
Me: OMAGOSHTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

We had seen the 3DS debut at Pax East in March and had talked about how it would be fun to have, but we both agreed that we were satisfied with our PS3 and our XBOX360 among our other aging-yet-equally-loved-consoles. So, to say that I was confused and excited at the same time after opening my present is an understatement.

Now we can play video games together without playing together. One of us can play on one of the large consoles while the other plays the 3DS. Togetherness while we each do our own thing is an important part of what makes our relationship so awesome, especially when living in a big city with small living spaces; it's easy to get sick of people all up in your personal atmosphere. But, somehow we never get sick of each other...or at least if he gets sick of me, he's smart enough to never tell me.

I love my Christmas presents from him every year, but this year Boyfriend's gift will go down in the history books of awesome gifts (I don't know how he'll top it next year). Needless to say, he has gained the level of Epic Boyfriend.


Roll your fortitude, bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.