Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Word of Advice ~UPDATED~

Dear Reader(s),

Here is a word of advice regarding office/job etiquette. Did you know that showing up 40 minutes early to your interview/temporary assignment is just as bad and annoying as showing up late? What's worse than showing up early? Showing up 40 minutes early
, then taking a 45-minute-long shit in the unisex
office bathroom, forcing everyone else to suffer during the promotional event at which you've been hired to work.

True story. Don't do it.


UPDATE: This was a funny post I wrote on my other blog at the end of 2010 about an incident I was unfortunate enough to witness  when I was working as a receptionist at a production company. It still kind of makes me laugh, so I thought I'd share it here too.

2 comments:

  1. I understand how pooping everyone to death can be frowned upon when waiting for a job interview, but how does showing up super early look bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems wierd, but employers get annoyed if you show up more than 10 minutes early; they feel obligated to drop what they're doing to attend to you because they feel guilty about leaving people waiting for long.
    Most HR managers advise showing up no more than 10 minutes early, but if you do show up earlier, either kill time at a coffee shop or let the front desk person know that you realize that you are very early and to not bother the manager until your interview time. It's just a strange corporate courtesy I guess. (Both my sister and I work at staffing companies in case you wondered how I know this random junk.)

    ReplyDelete

Trolls will be deleted.