Sunday, December 15, 2013

I Don't Have The Words

I was quite absent from blogging this past week simply because I was uber busy. I had rehearsals, several job interviews, and I actually worked and earned some money, yay. All of my stressing out and complaining about money, work and the holidays this week was put into perspective on Friday.  I don't claim to have all of the details, but an unfortunately increasingly common incident occurred at my brother's high school: a student brought a shotgun into the school, intending to hurt someone, and he succeeded. Who knows how/if any of the news reports are accurate, but the facts seem to be that a teenage girl is fighting for her life in a hospital bed, and a very upset, but supposedly promising young man took his own life. At a school.

Friday was scary, to say the least. My brother and his friends were, thankfully uninjured, but it was a very upsetting afternoon. I sat crying uncontrollably in a sandwich shop on my lunch break. I wept out of relief that my brother was safe. I wept out of fear, anger, sadness, PTSD; you name it, I felt it. I'm tired of things like this happening. I'm especially tired of it hitting so close to home.


Take care of each other, and stay strong, Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.