Tuesday, December 31, 2013

No Memory Lane Monday this week (hire me!!!)

I didn't have time to write a MLM post this week becuase I was too busy flipping out about a casting call notice I recieved in my e-mail inbox at the end of last week. It was calling for an enthusiastic female video gamer with writing, improv and hosting experience. I am all of those things. The best part? The company posting the casting call was DeFranco Creative! That's right, SourceFed is hiring hosts, you guys!!! 

 
Source


Boyfriend and I have been saying for over a year that it would be a dream job to work at SourceFed for one or both of us!  I need this chance. Boyfriend put up a host reel for me on YouTube, and a friend of mine might possibly be able to get in touch with Phil, but it's iffy at this point. I feel like I would be a perfect fit for them at SourceFed. I love Meg and Trisha and Joe and Lee and Phil. I'm pretty sure they'd love me too if I could just get an audition.

But that's the tough thing about the showbiz biz. You have very little control of what happens to you up to a certain point. I sent in my submission via the casting service, Boyfriend edited and threw my reel up online for me, and my friend is trying to track down his contacts at DeFranco to say "Hey, you totally need to give this girl a second look and audition." But beyond what I've already done, I just have to wait at this point. I hate waiting. I'm not asking for charity or for this job to just be handed to me. I just want a chance to show them what I can do.

So, come on, universe!  Let's do 2014 right!!!
If anyone out there has any connection to Philly D, would you please point him to my blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.