Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Favorites: The Revenge

My laptop is acting crazy today. It has these wierd flickering lines on it like an old tube TV that isn't getting good reception. I think it's dying you guys. Um...other than that, I've got nothing today. Here:



-Roommate Confessions
With my series of awful roommates/living situations, I am proud to say I never did any of these things.

-Things I Never Learned in School T-Shirt
Yeah, I kind of need this shirt...

-Dear Fake Geek Girls, Go Away?
Thank you satire. Note: if you read the comments on this video, your head might explode with rage...mine almost did.

-We Can To Please Have More Doctors?
I don't claim to be a DW expert (I reserve that title for my buddy, KAnderson) but I really do hope that there are multiple Doctors/companions/other DW alums in the 50th anniversary. I really believe it will lose something if there aren't as many alums as possible.

-More Harry Potter...sort of!
When I first saw the headline, I almost rolled my eyes, but stay with it, guys.

-Dr. Lollipop the Unicorn
Oh yes, it's a thing.

-My former place of residence in under water!
Of all the natural (and unnatural) disasters I have experience or expected to experience in Colorado, massive flooding was not one of them.

And finally, I'm going to include something that I read this week but did not like:

-10 Things You Didn't know about Playing Video Games
Normally I really like a lot of the stuff written on LifeHack.com, but I found this article to be slightly condescending especially since it was written by a female gamer who is addicted to The Sims just like me! Feel free to leave your opinions in the comments. Maybe I'm too sensitive. 
Also, for the record, (and not to sound all hipstery or troll-y) yes I did know all of those things about playing video games, because I read technology-based publications regularly, and most of the studies the author referred to (that ABC and NYT just now appear to be reporting on) came out last year. But maybe I'm just splitting hairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.