Thursday, February 9, 2012

Adventures in Job Applications (A Cover Letter) ~UPDATED~

UPDATE: 3/26/12-I did actually send this cover letter in an e-mail to Vox Media in February, but never heard from them.  I figured it was safe to post this on my blog now seeing as how it's almost April, and the odds of them giving me any response are slim.


I just submitted my cover letter to Vox Media. They sent out an online recruitment call a couple of weeks ago for their new gaming site. After days of pondering and researching and trying to find the right words, this is the cover letter I came up with and sent them:

Dear Creators-of-Awesome at Vox,
I hope I am not too late to express my interest in applying for an available position with your company. As I’m certain you already gleamed from the subject line of my e-mail, I am a passionate artistic blogger and an obsessive gamer. I’m a well-rounded nerd, and eager to increase my knowledge and experience in the growing gaming industry. I would love to do all of that with the creative minds at Vox.


Instead of badgering you with inflated tales of what a stellar specimen of a human being I am, I will let my blog speak for itself, so you may draw from it what you will.
I would be grateful if you will take a moment of your time to view evidence of my potential as a desirable addition to your company by way of my blog, Gurl on Girl-Gaming. Please find the requested links to my work below:
I sincerely look forward to your reply.

Respectfully,
Jessica "GurlNxtDoor" Ayers

Hopefully this will make an impression at Vox, enough to make them want to interview me and then I'll make them love me-wow them with my awesomeness and they'll say, "How did we get through life without this girl working in our company?!"  Hired!
That's how it'll all go down.
Until then, I'll just keep blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.