Friday, October 21, 2011

The Horse-Pony ~UPDATED~ (For realsies this time)

While waiting for the bus to take us to the Javits Center for NYCC last Saturday, I noticed a policeman on a horse nearby. I love animals. If I could take all of the homeless, abused and unwanted animals in and make sure that each one of them was loved and cared for, I would. If the resources and the man hours existed, it would be done tomorrow by me (even birds, and I am terrified of birds, I would rather kiss a snake than touch a bird, I'm crazy).

I had a dog growing up named Sophie, who sadly died a couple of years ago from a heart attack. I also (like every little girl) desperately wanted a horse when I was growing up. I took riding lessons and would go out of my way to pet, play with, or be near horses (which wasn't too difficult growing up in Colorado). I wanted every pet imaginable as a kid. I wanted turtles, mice, gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, skunks, prairie dogs, tigers, elephants, frogs, and more. I never got to have anything more exotic than goldfish (and Sophie after years of begging my parents), but in college I missed having a pet and had trouble coping with being in that adulthood limbo that comes with living on your own in college but still getting some financial help from your parents, so I got a ferret. And another. And another. I could dedicate an entire blog (not just a post) to my love of ferrets and the Mustelid family. But I won't...yet. My ferrets were awesome pets. They were my babies and the main source of joy in my life. Alas, they have extremely short lifespans and have all since departed this plane of existence, but that's another tale for another time.

Long-story-short: I love animals, they make me happy and when I see a cute animal, I get a little adrenaline rush and I will point and say the type of animal when I see it, almost like a toddler when they learn their animals. It's ridiculous, but it's a strange compulsion I have, it's almost a reflex.

So on this particular morning, I hadn't had my coffee yet, I was coming down with a cold, and I was shivering a little from the wind; my brain hadn't quite turned on yet. I saw the police horse, and got a little thrill and in my tired mushy brain the words, horse, police, and pony all got mixed together. I pointed down the street and said, "Look, it's a horse-pony!"

Boyfriend just chuckled at me and said, "I think most ponies are horse ponies." He went on about the difference between "dog-ponies" and "cat-ponies" and "tweetybird-ponies" for a few minutes, just to make sure he got the most he could out of this new classic "Jessword", while taking every advantage of making fun of me as much as possible.
I started thinking about it. What would a Horse-Pony or a Dog-Pony look like..?

Um, the best thing ever!!!

According to Getty Images, this is a Horse-Pony:


UPDATE: 4/2/12- Well, at least now I can dress one up to look like a horse-pony...
This is a Dog-Pony:
Here's a dog that kind of looks like a horse:




I like my Horse-Pony the best:(Thank you MS Paint and free time at work)
Th
is is my Dog-Pony:



And my Cat-Pony:
Maybe they will all go on adventures together and fight crime or something.


P.S I am not the only one who gets excited about cops on horses and "horsey-cops" and Horse-Ponies. Thank you, Simon Helberg's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.