Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wedding Dress Weekend Day 1: Travel Anxiety and Devil Horses

Last weekend I spent a day on 2 different airplanes (I KNOW) traveling to see my sister in Georgetown.  I discovered something, however.  Even though I was all by myself- no boyfriend, no Leeloo- I found my flying anxiety is improving....I think.

I don't know if it's the Cognitive Behavior skills I've learned, breathing exercises, medication, meditation, or what, but it wasn't as bad flying on that first day.

Don't get me wrong, I was a cranky mess on the way to the airport and in the security line and while boarding the plane.  But, I accidentally discovered a coping method that was surprisingly effective for me.

Since I've been trying to make more videos as of late, I decided to record as much as possible during my trip, including take-offs and landings and flying.  Amazingly, when I watch the plane take off through my camera screen, (while concentrating on keeping it stable for a good quality video,) my anxiety was as close to non-existent as I ever remember feeling it.  It was kind of mind-blowing.  So much so, that when I got home and started editing the videos from traveling on Day 1, I decided to take a different direction with it.  Instead of documenting how nervous I was, I decided to edit in a way to show the peacefulness of travel.  It was a very therapeutic experience.  I tried some new stuff that I hadn't done in other videos, while still adding my ridiculous sense of humor to it as well.

I'm actually quite happy with this video overall.

I'm still getting used to Adobe Premier vs. iMovie, so I'm still making some technical mistakes and boo-boos, but overall, I'm really happy with the way this turned out.  I hope you like it.

 

Oh, and if you're confused about the "Devil Horses" part of the title, you should watch the video.  
It'll make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.