Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Z is for Zooming Zeldas in the Zazzle Shop! I survived this challenge!


Getty
 FINALLY!!!
That was a rough month.  I started the challenge a little late due to PAX East, but I did it!!! The most challenging part was actually finding an idea or a topic to write about each day, yet alone a video game topic to write about each day.  Anyone who wants to get serious about exercising their writing muscles and pushing their creative mind to do more, I would recommend doing the A-Z Blog Challenge.  It doesn't have to be in the time frame set by the challenge blog itself.  I didn't let missing the deadline stop me, and you shouldn't let it stop you. In elementary school when they made us run a timed mile every quarter, I was always the slowest, but I always finished. Taunting ensued regarding my slow-ass time, but I finished and I took pride in that.

I found it much easier to blog or at least plan blogging time having this challenge in place, it gave me an attainable daily goal but it also pushed me.  There were days where I didn't feel like writing at all.  There were days where I was too exhausted to even think about writing something, and there were other days when the thought of trying to be funny made my brain hurt.  But, there were plenty more days where it felt easy...or at least easier. Some days I thought of a brilliant idea for a letter that would be days away, so I would save it in the draft folder. Sometimes I would write almost a full post under a letter that wouldn't be posted for a week, and then by the time that post was scheduled to go up, I'd think of something entirely different and better for the letter and I would have to do some post rearranging.

At any given time, I have at least 5 drafts in my draft folder.  Sometimes they are just a jumble of words that are complete gibberish to anyone who reads them, but I know exactly what idea they are referring to. Other than my draft folder, I also have 10s of notebooks, scrap papers, post-it notes, notes-to-self stored in my iPod, and just random scribblings lying around. Whenever I think about getting around to digitizing all of the paper notes, I get distracted by a game, or a brilliant writing idear, or the occasional shiny object.

Source
This blog post is brought to you by sleep deprivation, loathing, and by the Crappy Company Coffee Co. 


P.S. I now have a Zazzle Shop! Thanks to *popular demand, you can now buy your Epic Girlfriend/Boyfriend gear today!






P.P.S * Popular demand = 2 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.