Monday, December 25, 2017

25 Days of Jessmas Day 25: Wisconsin & Wyoming

On the 25th day of Jessmas, my Google-Fu found for me:


Wisconsin:

"Wisconsin Christmas" by The MadHatters

I've never been to Wisconsin, but I found this song very enjoyable.  This delightful a Capella group reminds me a lot of Straight No Chaser, and they lovingly poke fun of their home state with this upbeat ditty.  

4.5 out of 5 Lavern & Shirleys




"Christmas in Wisconsin" by: Mulberry Lane

Oh goody, these chicks again...  I will say that the word "Wisconsin" fits best in the lyrics to this song vs Iowa or Nebraska.  But this song is still the worst.  "Come on and stop in / drop in / hear me talkin' / baby, come with me / to Wisconsin."  Gag!

.5 out of 5 Cheese Heads




Wyoming:

"Wyoming Christmastime" by: The Saggy Bottom Boys

No, it's not the band from O, Brother, Where Art Thou? I was disappointed too.  However, it is a nice little bluegrass ditty. If you liked the soundtrack from the aforementioned movie, you'll like this song. 

3.5 out of 5 Wyoming Cowboys



"Free Frosty (From Wyoming)" by Jeff Cuneo and Ken & Amie Vandevrie

Um...what? First off, the lyrics don't make a whole lot of sense; Frosty will melt unless we free Frosty from Wyoming. Why?! Have you been to Wyoming in the winter? It's cold AF!!! So, this song starts off feeling like just a goofy song, then they break it down and it becomes a remix of itself. Again...what?!
So, in a nutshell: What?! and WHY?!

1 out of 5 Frostys



"Wyoming Winter Wonderland" by: Dan Schafer


I don't care for this singer's voice all that much, but the bluegrass sound and the lyrics aren't so bad. It's just a catchy, amiable little tune about Wyoming in winter.

3 out of 5 Grand Tetons



"Wyoming Christmas" by: John A. McCallum

This song is fine. It's very generic and isn't all that interesting, but it's pleasant enough to listen to. Meh.


2 out of 5 Yellowstone Parks




"Christmas in Wyoming" by: Allen Campbell


This guy has a really smooth and pretty voice, but the song is very melancholy and I don't like it. I don't know why, there's just something about it that bothers me and I don't care for it.


1.5 out of 5 Wild Horses






No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls will be deleted.